As an Oracle eBusiness Suite (EBS) Applications DBA, you are responsible to provide technical leadership and day-to-day operational support of Oracle databases running the EBS applications. You are also required to provide assistance to project teams with architecture design, upgrades, security patches, performance tuning, data protection, secured deployment, documentation, configure testing and development environments, resolving problems with Oracle Support, and troubleshoot problems as they occur, including after-hours and weekends. Besides, you are also responsible on maintaining and administrating on other databases systems that the company are using and supporting.
– Responsible for the day-to-day administration and maintenance of the database systems in operation, including tasks related to identifying and troubleshooting application database issues.
– Perform health check on database servers.
– Proactively in capacity planning and performance tuning of the Databases.
– Proactively identify potential issues and risks and work with relevant parties to resolve them, or escalate them to the project/application management team.
– Support data migration, application cloning, patch analysis and deployment.
– Creation and maintenance of SQL queries and routines to facilitate reports and scheduling of batch jobs.
– Maintain Database server security to comply with audit
– Ensures that all deliverables are thoroughly documented. Responding to database related alerts.
– Instill personal quality culture and adopt good practices in delivering systems.
– Promote customer centric and service oriented support and services.
– Support and collaborate closely on cross functional team effort
– Optimize resources to achieve productivity and efficiency targets.
– Resolve incidents and problems to achieve targeted Service Level Agreement (SLA) and communicate of same to stakeholders.
– Develop and refine technical procedures, scripts and associated documentation.
– Assist in disaster recovery preparation, planning and testing.
– Assist in backup and recovery preparation, planning and testing. Responsible in deployment of applications to production servers as requested.
s cybersecurity framework.
– Any other duty & responsibility which the company may assign from time to time.
s degree in computer science or related field
– Minimum 5 years of Oracle EBS Database Administration experience.
– Proficient in installing, configuring, administering, tuning, disaster recovery and troubleshooting Oracle EBS on Linux environments is a MUST.
– Possess good understanding of Oracle current product line; RDBMS, Middleware, Application suite, secured iSupplier portal, OBIEE and SOA
– Addition Knowledge of other DBMS such as MSSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, Firebase will be an added advantage.
– Strong command of the English and comfortable with process/functional documentation.
– Self-motivated with attention to detail.
– Organizes own workload, sets priorities and works within deadlines.
– Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
– Good analytical and problem solving skills.
– Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
– Able to work with minimum supervision, as well as able to contribute to team development.
– Able to mentor junior DBA.
– Professional certification will be added advantage.