At Fly, our Lighting and Look-Development Artists need to ensure that there is consistency in lighting, shading, colour balance, and mood between the various elements of a shot or scene. They generate CG that is multidiscipline, ranging from CG animation to photorealistic VFX renders, in which adding lighting, creates atmosphere, tone, and depth to a scene.
- Eye for lighting detail.
- Understand the basic concept of color and lighting with strong knowledge of Redshift, Arnold render.
- Able to communicate clearly and work as a team to accomplish projects within deadlines.
The Lighting Artist will assist the Lighting and Look-Development Supervisor in the following:
- Light and render CGI scenes.
- Provide Lighting and LookDev insights as needed, such as suggesting more efficient methods of handling a certain task.
- Able to handle shader development for CG assets.
- Ensure shots meet render requirements.
- Works closely with the FX Artists and Compositors to ensure all effects work smoothly within the pipeline.
- Collaborate with departments concerned with lighting work.
- Work closely with your Supervisor to communicate with the other departments to ensure all effects work smoothly within the pipeline.
- To work alongside and guide junior staff when necessary.
- Attend pre-production and presentation meetings as and when necessary.
- To continuously strive to maintain a cordial working relationship with the Company’s clients and to do all that is required and necessary to protect and enhance the Company’s standing and profile in its industry.
- To identify improvements needed and provide constructive input to the team to improve the operational workflow between and within the various departments.
Note: Local applications will be prioritised.