The WIS Family
Westlake International School (WIS) delivers the world-recognized Cambridge curriculum leading to the IGCSE and A-levels for students from 3-18 years of age.
We are a responsive, relational, and reflective school. This is the WIS Heartbeat where we create a dynamic learning environment; one where staff and students pursue excellence and fulfill our potential.
We also offer a working environment that is stimulating and supportive. Our success lies in our ability to work collaboratively, uphold mutual respect, and carry responsibility at all times. Successful candidates will receive a competitive remuneration package.
Teachers are to uphold good character and perform the following responsibilities:
- Plan and deliver lessons that provide active learning experiences and build the 21st century skills.
- Assess students effectively through formative (including AfL) and summative assessment.
- Provide pastoral care and build student’s character.
- Contribute to department and school wide activities.
- Communicate effectively to all stakeholders including parents.
All applicants are welcomed if they meet the requirements below:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subject areas.
- ICT competencies to deliver teaching and learning resources.
- Proficient in both spoken and written English.
- Ability to teach using active learning methodologies to promote student-centered learning.
- For senior roles, minimum of three years’ solid teaching experience in an International School.
- For fresh graduates, relevant experience during industrial training in the respective field is preferred.
- Passionate about teaching
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Background checks will be conducted to comply with the safeguarding policy.